Google+

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

New to Me: Mango Nectarines


When I found these Mango Nectarines at the store, I thought I'd discovered a new cross-fruit. But actually, they are a nectarine variety, and a voluptuous mouthful that really tastes like mango. The Mango Nectarine is a cross between two pale nectarines by Craig Ito of Ito Packing.

The mango nectarines have a short season: July-August. Keep your eyes open for these! Apparently, there is also a honeydew nectarine variety, which I would love to try. If any Marin locals know where I can find them, please leave a comment!

I found these babies at Paradise Foods in Corte Madera.

For a little more information, check out this NY Times article

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna Haight said...

Fascinating, these look more of a mango color too!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home