Google+

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What Am I?



This was the first time I'd seen these edible greens for sale at the Farmers Market.

A tough one! Anne is the winner as she guessed a legume. These are fava greens! They are delicious raw! Sort of fava bean-like, but with the freshness of what tastes like a freshly picked runner bean. Succulent tasting.

I was going to saute them, but that seems a shame given their lovely taste raw. Now I'm think salad or in dumplings with tofu.

Stay tuned!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lime leaves?

8:13 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I've never seen either, but I'm guessing kaffir lime or curry leaves?

8:14 PM  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

I had the same responses as Vegan Knitting and Vicki...

1:12 AM  
Blogger anne said...

Some kind of legume, maybe? Peas?

5:17 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

nope. not lime, curry or pea. All good guesses, tho'. I'll allow time for a few more guesses before giving the answer later today

7:33 AM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

I really, really want to know.
No guesses from me.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home