Google+

Monday, September 22, 2008

Burger with Roasted Heirlooms



Now that's an amazing veggie burger! Topped with gently roasted heirloom tomatoes (kindly donated by a work colleague), with EVOO, white balsamic, salt and pepper.


Aren't they lovely?

They were also amazingly sweet (I ate the extras plain - they were like candy!)

I piled this burger high with red onion, gherkins, a little ketchup, a dab of mayo, and a few thin slices of roasted yellow zucchini. It looks so huge in this picture, I almost can't believe how quickly it was gone!

3 Comments:

Blogger mitr_bayarea said...

That is one mouth-watering burger w/tomatoes, now, you've given me an idea as to what I should do with the tomatoes that grow in my backyard.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of veggie burger do you use? Looks great!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

mitr - thanks for your comment! I was looking for something different from the many, many delicious heirlooms salads I've enjoyed this summer. It seemed a little blasphemous at first, but I was very happy with the result.

anon - Boca American classic grillers!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home