Google+

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cotswold & Heirloom Tomato Quiche



Heirloom tomatoes and Cotswold cheese in a creamy quiche with a crumby crust! Gosh, it was so good it sent shivers down my spine. And so simple! I gave a lot of thought about what to add or leave out. Onions, garlic - I decided against these. I had a lovely organic baby yellow zucchini, so I added super thin zucchini ribbons. It was the perfect mild addition.

Cotswold is a tangy Double Gloucester with chives. An English cheese with personality. It pairs so beautifully with heirloom tomatoes. No time to bake or quiche averse: try this simple Cheese Dream and this fab combination will leave you satisfied. Into creamy eggs with a little excitement? Here's the recipe.

Cotswold & Heirloom Tomato Quiche:

1 premade frozen Pie Crust (I used Marie Calendars)
3 oz grated Cotswold Cheese
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 cup half-and-half
salt and pepper
1/2 large heirloom tomato, sliced thin
1 small yellow zucchini, sliced into thin ribbons


Preheat the oven to 375.

Cover the pie crust with half of the grated Cotswold cheese. Top with thin ribbons of zucchini and thin slices of heirloom tomato. Salt and pepper. Beat together egg, egg yolk, and half-and-half. Pour mixture over into the crust. Salt & pepper. Top with the remaining grated Cotswold. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

Serve alone or with a mixed green salad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maggie M. said...

This looks delicious! And I have an heirloom that needs to be used up :)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Anna Haight said...

I'm going to have to try some of this Cotswold cheese. Everything I've seen you make with it looks mouth watering!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I first found your blog yesterday and immediately wanted to make this. My first quiche ever. I made it last night! So good! Thanks! I can't wait to try more of your recipes. Just wanted to let you know!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Richard -thanks so much for your message! I'm glad you enjoyed the quiche as much as I did!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, this looks so good. I am so trying out this! Thanks for great recipe:)

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home