Google+

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Vegetable Soup



Suddenly, all the fruit trees are in full bloom and I have a garden full of pretty flowers. Time for a soup to celebrate the transition from Winter's hearty root vegetables to the tender vegetables of Spring.

This soup combined leeks, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and kale with tender peas, asparagus, and the first market appearance of green garlic!

I wish I'd thought to make Green Garlic Cheddar Scones to enjoy with this soup! If you're not familiar with green garlic (pictured below), check out the scone link to find out more. It's definitely one of my favorite Spring things!


2 Comments:

Blogger Jan Scholl said...

You must live in a progressive area. It's still winter here and snowing like crazy in MIchigan. I have to drive at least an hour to get anything other than meat and potato type foods. I am simmering a Michigan bean soup tonite. I am calling it Crackpot soup just to be silly. I used all the leftover veggies in my crisper. And lots of garlic!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Sheltie Girl said...

Oh I can't wait for spring to come! We still have a few weeks of winter left here in New York. The birds have been back for a week and my daffodils are 1 inch above the ground. I'll have to try out this recipe whenever the veggies start showing up.

Sheltie Girl @ Gluten A Go Go

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home