Friday, February 22, 2008

Wicked Nachos!

Is it blog-worthy to post about a really simple, not so choc-full-of vegetables, dinner?

Yeah, I think it is. Sometimes you've just got to go with the way you feel.

While I usually aim for meals very high in al dente vegetables and low-fat protein, tonight nothing hit the spot like a bowl full of cheesy nachos. I indulged in both cheddar and goat cheese, along with Casa Sanchez spicy salsa and fresh guacamole, with plenty of hot jalapenos. Hey, if I'd had shredded lettuce....


Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Goat cheese you say. On Nachos. I must try soon. And since it's just me tonight that sounds just about right!

2:06 AM  
Blogger Melody Polakow said...

those look so delicious. I think I might make some nacho like thing later on today..

I think everything in moderation. If you never gave into cravings, it would be much harder to enjoy the majority of your healthy meals.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

t - the joy of cooking for one! the goat cheese was incredible!

Melody - I love nachos. Messy and wonderful! Not good for every night, but once in a while...

9:45 AM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

If we didn't give in to our simple needs every so often, we'd fall off the healthy wagon altogether. Your corn chips are whole-grain; take heart.
I hate to say how often Cranky and I eat burritos (with home-brined local jalapenos, if that helps!).

10:30 AM  
Blogger Lynn / vigilant20 said...

Looks wonderful! That's one thing I haven't had in a really long time.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home