Google+

Friday, February 22, 2008

Wicked Nachos!


Is it blog-worthy to post about a really simple, not so choc-full-of vegetables, dinner?

Yeah, I think it is. Sometimes you've just got to go with the way you feel.

While I usually aim for meals very high in al dente vegetables and low-fat protein, tonight nothing hit the spot like a bowl full of cheesy nachos. I indulged in both cheddar and goat cheese, along with Casa Sanchez spicy salsa and fresh guacamole, with plenty of hot jalapenos. Hey, if I'd had shredded lettuce....

5 Comments:

Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Goat cheese you say. On Nachos. I must try soon. And since it's just me tonight that sounds just about right!

2:06 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

those look so delicious. I think I might make some nacho like thing later on today..

I think everything in moderation. If you never gave into cravings, it would be much harder to enjoy the majority of your healthy meals.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

t - the joy of cooking for one! the goat cheese was incredible!

Melody - I love nachos. Messy and wonderful! Not good for every night, but once in a while...

9:45 AM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

If we didn't give in to our simple needs every so often, we'd fall off the healthy wagon altogether. Your corn chips are whole-grain; take heart.
I hate to say how often Cranky and I eat burritos (with home-brined local jalapenos, if that helps!).

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! That's one thing I haven't had in a really long time.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home