Google+

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Catherine's Vegetable Soup


I'd say I'm back on the vegetable-straight-and-narrow after last night's nachos indulgence, but that would make it sound as if this soup wasn't indulgent. And, that would be kinda crazy!

I was in the pleasurable position of having such a wealth of fabulous produce, that storage was starting to be an issue. So I threw a lot of vegetables into this soup: potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, peas, dino kale, and mushrooms. A vegetable broth with a little fresh rosemary and red chili peppers, red lentils, tomato paste, and white beans. Topped with a crostini topped with a horseradish cheddar. Yeah!

But, honestly, discovery of the evening was that you can eat sweet potatoes raw! I don't know if I just lucked out, but my organic sweet potato was super sweet and crunchy raw. Delicious!

4 Comments:

Blogger allie aller said...

This looks like just the thing for Oscar night viewing! ;-)
I made your cauliflower gratin last night and my family LOVED it. Thanks.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Allison - thanks for the feedback! I could eat that cauliflower gratin over and over again. Glad it was a hit.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

This looks great! I have been going through your archives and looking for your fabulous recipes tofu. I bough some, since I am venturing out of my comfort zone, and know I will be okay if I make some of your tasty dishes! :)

6:08 PM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Wow, I had no idea you could eat a sweet potato raw.. the excites me too!

I say your soup looks and sounds delicious. I think soup is the #1 underrated food!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home