Google+

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Caprese, Christmas Limas



I found some beautiful and delicious heirloom, green tomatoes at the Farmers Market and made this Christmas colored Caprese salad, along with red tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper. A few kalamata olives to garnish and this was festive little antipasta. I'm thinking of making this for Christmas lunch, despite my English theme this year...

I'm still musing on my vegetarian entree for Christmas, but plan to use these Christmas Limas:

from Rancho Gordo, which are red and white and said to have a gently chestnut flavor. I'm thinking of combining them with leeks, mushrooms, sherry and possibly puff pastry or filo....

1 Comments:

Blogger Dori said...

Hey! I make the rounds again (finally) and I see ou are festive with your Christams theme. I like the Christmas lima's, never have seen them before... chesnut flavored. This all makes me want to find some to try. Happy New Year to you and your family!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home