Google+

Thursday, November 22, 2007

An English Thanksgiving


A glass raised to my brother who cooked his first Thanksgiving meal today!

As you can see by my vegetarian plate, he went all out with the vegetables! Perfect roast potatoes and mashed potatoes in the style of our grandmother, made drier and firmer than typical American mashed potatoes, so you can really taste the potato goodness - amazing! I have to admit I had three helpings. Plus Brussels, carrots, sweet potatoes, and roasted parsnips. I made the Vegan Turkey, but my brother went all out with an organic turkey and ham for the meat eaters. We enjoyed this delicious meal with French champagne.

Followed up with vegetarian mince pies with cream....

...and a nice cup of tea. Perfect.

Not only did bro go all out with the food, he set a fine table fireside, and the atmosphere was warm and cosy. I had wanted to host, but now I'm so glad he hosted. Thanks, CF.

And a happy and safe Thanksgiving to all!

2 Comments:

Blogger bazu said...

English, vegetarian, wonderful. You have me really craving mince pie, though. And you reminded me that sparkling wine is best with this kind of food. This year, we had red wine, and I think I'd prefer to revert back to the champagne strategy.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Sounds and look great. This would be a great Sunday lunch, when family are over!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home