Google+

Friday, October 05, 2007

Chanterelle, Bacon & Stilton Pizza


Super-thin crunchy pizza crust, topped with earthy chanterelles (sliced and sauteed in olive oil with minced garlic), crumbled Morningstar Bacon Strips, and a soft white Italian cheese (whose name escapes me) and grated Stilton. Not the most stunning of pizzas, but beautiful to taste.

Noteworthy:

First, locals, take note:
A Cookbook Sale to Benefit the Children’s Health Council in Palo Alto
October 19, Preview Party with Celebrity Chefs, 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
October 20 and 21, Cookbook Sale, 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Check out this link out and support a good cause!

Second, Tofu wraps another fab dish with this post on Grilled Eggplant Wrapped Tofu at What the hell does a vegan eat anyway?"

Third, 28 Cooks does a heavenly dish for us french fry-eating olive lovers .

And, Spittoon Extra, announces a Drunken Apple theme for Sugar High Friday, with a beautiful still life photo that makes me homesick for England.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Melissa West said...

You're killing me with all these gorgeous pizzas. How about a pizza cook book? You probably have more than enough recipes right on this blog ready to go!

4:20 AM  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

I agree, you should write a pizza cookbook. Another one that looks great!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Amy Sherman said...

Wow! That picture is so succulent! Making me hungry...

5:32 PM  
Blogger Avory said...

Oh God, that looks amazing! I've been debating whether it's worth shelling out the cash for chanterelles, as I've never tasted them, but the recipes are everywhere. I think I'm going to have to give in!

While I'm here, I wanted to let you know about a food blogging event I'm hosting, called "A Vegetarian Feast." The first round is thanksgiving themed, but broadly it can include any vegetarian dishes that use fall ingredients or make you think of Thanksgiving. If you're interested in participating or mentioning the event on your blog, you can find details here. Thanks!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Mmmmm! It looks gorgeous!

:)

5:20 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

looks stunning to me. are you going to tthe cookbook sale? I'd like to except I have to slave over a hot stove for a little brunch I am having

11:44 AM  
Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Yes, we need a pizza cookbook from you and this would be on the must include list! I've been looking at the chanterelles in the markets for this whole month in Seattle. This pizza would be so perfect.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks for all you comments. A vegetarian pizza book sounds like a fun little project!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Rachael said...

"Not the most stunning of pizzas, but beautiful to taste."

Oooh, are you kidding? I want to take a bite out of my computer monitor!!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home