Google+

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Taco with roasted pepper, corn, and avocado and refried beans


This was a yummy taco, made with a Food for Life Sprouted Corn Tortilla, refried vegetarian beans, roasted Anaheim pepper, broiled corn, and Casa Sanchez medium salsa with fresh tomato, red onion, and avocado. Topped of with Cashew Sour Cream (from the Millennium Cookbook) and a slice of red jalapeno.

This tasted very good, but in a decidedly lowfat way, if you know what I mean. Roasting the vegetables really brought out their flavor and the cashew sour cream added richness (although my version was a little too watery in texture). And, although now I've been eating more vegan meals, I can use soooo much less cheese and be satisfied, I missed the cheddar on this one. I have to confess, I added a few slivers to taco #2.

I found a relatively easy vegan "baja cheeze" recipe made from Brazil nuts, however, so stay tuned!

3 Comments:

Blogger cookiecrumb said...

It's so cute. It's picture perfect.
So -- do you think you could share a cashew cheese recipe (or the Brazil nut one, if you like it better)?
{I always hate asking bloggers to type out a recipe, so ignore me if you wish.}

9:36 AM  
Blogger Susan from Food Blogga said...

Well, isn't that the just the sweetest little taco you've ever seen!

11:53 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Looks amazing! I am looking forward to hearing about your cheez experience..

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home