Friday, September 07, 2007

Protein-Packed Portobello: Lentils, Stilton, Walnuts, Tempeh Bacon

Ok...I'm not sure I'll ever out do this one. A juicy mouthful that is so light, flavourful, protein-packed, sexy, good-looking, and incredible tasting! Apologies up-front to my vegan friends, but someone has to come up with a vegan Stilton so you can experience this!

Portobellos, broiled with olive oil and balsamic, 2 minutes downfacing, 1 minute upfacing, packed with Trader Joe's Steamed Lentils mixed with red wine, then topped with Stilton and walnuts. Broiled 2 minues then wrapped in lightly fried tempeh bacon. Served over pretty micro greens. I got everything from Trader Joe's except the Tempeh bacon (Whole Foods).

These are so easy to prepare and no knife and fork required. Enjoy!


Blogger bazu said...

"someone has to come up with a vegan Stilton"

From your mouth to God's ears, I hope!!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Melody Polakow said...

Absolutely gorgeous...

I had a dream about stilton last night... and walnuts. Warm and oozy..

2:19 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

bazu - anything's possible!

Melody - glad I'm not the only cheesy dreamer!

8:21 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

That looks so good I can't even believe it. Words failing ... drooling all over the place ... must make for myself now!!!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous farmgirl said...

It's so cute!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Zoomie said...

An inspired combo - I must try it!

8:27 PM  
Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

My heart be still! That is so incredible on so many levels! Must make this!
"vegan Stilton" I'm looking . . . .

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home