Google+

Friday, September 07, 2007

Protein-Packed Portobello: Lentils, Stilton, Walnuts, Tempeh Bacon



Ok...I'm not sure I'll ever out do this one. A juicy mouthful that is so light, flavourful, protein-packed, sexy, good-looking, and incredible tasting! Apologies up-front to my vegan friends, but someone has to come up with a vegan Stilton so you can experience this!

Portobellos, broiled with olive oil and balsamic, 2 minutes downfacing, 1 minute upfacing, packed with Trader Joe's Steamed Lentils mixed with red wine, then topped with Stilton and walnuts. Broiled 2 minues then wrapped in lightly fried tempeh bacon. Served over pretty micro greens. I got everything from Trader Joe's except the Tempeh bacon (Whole Foods).

These are so easy to prepare and no knife and fork required. Enjoy!

7 Comments:

Blogger bazu said...

"someone has to come up with a vegan Stilton"

From your mouth to God's ears, I hope!!

6:42 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Absolutely gorgeous...

I had a dream about stilton last night... and walnuts. Warm and oozy..

2:19 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

bazu - anything's possible!

Melody - glad I'm not the only cheesy dreamer!

8:21 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

That looks so good I can't even believe it. Words failing ... drooling all over the place ... must make for myself now!!!

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so cute!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Zoomie said...

An inspired combo - I must try it!

8:27 PM  
Blogger MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Unreal.
My heart be still! That is so incredible on so many levels! Must make this!
"vegan Stilton" I'm looking . . . .

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home