Google+

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Scrambled Eggs with Green Garlic & Chives in a Roast Potato Base


Here's an elegant Easter Brunch recipe for scrambled eggs: add sauted, seasonal green garlic and serve them in a roast potato base!

I did a test run of this recipe to prepare for a family Easter Brunch I'm hosting tomorrow, and it was delicious. The green garlic is wonderful with scrambled eggs and I added a little shredded Arina Goat Gouda to make the eggs extra special. The creamy, rich eggs complimented the crunchy potato base beautifully. Topped with chives from my garden, each mouthful of this seasonal dish was a celebration of Spring and new beginnings.

I discovered the roast potato base last year with this recipe for Lentils in a Roast Potato Base:


Complete instructions on how to make the roast potato base can be found with this recipe. They're a little time-consuming, so you'll need to plan ahead if you want to make these, but definitely worth the effort.

For the eggs, I used smaller white potatoes rather than the larger russets in the lentil version.

Happy Easter!

7 Comments:

Blogger thehungrycat said...

Oooh, intriguing! All foods I like, combined together. Will have to try this sometime.

10:26 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Wow, these are awesome pics. I'm not an egg person, but I can appreciate that you fixed yours perfectly.

I will be doing brunch for my new job (at a vegan cafe), so I may give this idea whirl... I'm sure people would LOVE different variations of this.. plus, the potatoes could be made ahead and then re-baked just before serving..

11:39 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

that's stunning catherine.
I never thought to put scrambled egg on potato.
I am hosting an Easter Sunday lunch tomorrow (not brunch) and it makes me feel particularly English. I miss not having two bank holidays wrapped around this weekend.
Thinking of you...

Sam x

5:04 PM  
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Oh, you make very soft-looking, moist eggs. Good!
Love this idea.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Catherine! I love the idea of scrambled eggs over roated potato. I bet the chives and garlic are a perfect accompaniment too - wonderful job!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

These all look so delecious!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that potato with eggs, chives, and green garlic looks awesome. I've been on an egg breakfast burrito kick for any and all meals recently, but now I'm inspired to move onto this potato preparation.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home