Google+

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Nachos Pizza



So, it's been a while since I did a pizza and this Nachos Pizza really kicked!

I used a Vicolo Organic Corn Crust pizza base, which I smothered in Pace Picante Salsa. Added a healthy layer of corn, grated a combo of sharp cheddar and Cacique Queso Quesadilla, sliced jalapenos and black olives, and topped with MorningStar Grillers Recipe Crumbles (a ground beef substitute from the freezer section, which I used for my Cornish Pasties with great success). I sauted the MorningStart Griller Crumbles (they need a better name for this) in a little olive oil and salsa for 2 minutes before adding it to the pizza. Baked the pizza for 12 minutes at 425.

The crumbles were superb and held their ground beef texture admirably. I love this product (my buddy J. recently used them in a lasagna to rave reviews)! The pizza was hot and superbly satisfying and a nice variation of my other Mexican style pizzas:

  • Fiesta Pizza

  • Mexican Pizza

  • Jalapeno Salsa Pizza


  • 3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Catherine - I always look forward to you pizza posts, and this one sounds absolutely amazing! LOVE the jalapenos!

    5:52 AM  
    Blogger winedeb said...

    Just an FYI - I have been in a hurry (what's new) and had that craving for this type of pizza so I use pita bread for the crust instead of pizza dough. Makes an easy and great appetizer also because you can cut it into cute little triangles. Nice Photo!

    7:19 AM  
    Blogger Catherine said...

    gilly - thanks! I lve the jalapenos too!

    winedeb - yes, this is a great shortcut, but nothing like as good as these amazing cornmeal crusts.

    6:45 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home