Google+

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lentil Curry with Eggplant & Spinach


And the final # 3 dish for this package of Trader Joe's steamed lentils is a lentil curry with eggplant, spinach, potatoes, and cauliflower.

I made it very easy on myself by using Trader Joe's Korma Curry Simmer Sauce. I sauted a chopped onion in olive oil with a couple of shakes of cumin seeds. I added the diced baby potatoes, covered, and cooked for a couple of minutes, then added the cauliflower and eggplant with a little extra oil and a generous pinch of salt. Covered again and cooked 3-4 minutes. I then added the lentils and the Korma Curry Simmer Sauce. Partially covered and simmered for about 10 minutes. I added about 1/2 cup of water and simmered another 5 minutes. Added fresh baby spinach, which promptly wilted, and served in a pure white bowl.

I have to say, I'm really warming up to eggplant. But no more lentils this week! Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

looks great as usual! I ADORE eggplant.. unfortunately, it's been very expensive here lately, so I haven't bought any. I may have to cave in though.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine! I'm working on warming up to eggplant too - but I think in a dish like this that the other flavours would be strong enough to help me through. Beautiful dish!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hi Catherine! That TJ's Korma Sauce is one of my favorites. Now why didn't I think to add lentils to it??? I will definitely be try that dish!!! Thanks!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home