Google+

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Jalapeno & Salsa Pizza


This pizza was hot hot hot! Quite a different flavoured pizza, but so good. I could eat this...umm... frequently.

I used a premade cornmeal crust and "brushed" the crust with a Cilantro Chutney. I got mine from an Indian vendor at our Farmers' Market made from cilantro, lemon juice, vinegar, chiles, peanuts, ginger, salt and sugar, but you could easily make your own. I then made a basic salsa from chopped tomatoes, red onions, and jalapenos (I used the nacho type, from a jar). The salsa was spread over the pizza crust and topped with grated Strong Cheddar and extra sliced jalapenos, and baked for 12 minutes.]

Like I said, this was so good, I could eat this...umm... frequently.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look at the word jalapenos and my nose starts running! But, this pizza looks tasty....Jalapenos? Nothing a box of tissues can't remedy! :)

8:11 PM  
Blogger FH said...

Love love love the Salsa and Jalapeno pizza!!Delicious!!

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine - spicy pizza sounds fantastic to me!

6:53 AM  
Blogger MeloMeals said...

oh, that looks so good. I love spicy food..

8:58 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

This was one of my favorite pizzas to date - but you have to love jalapenos!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home