Google+

Monday, November 27, 2006

Farfalle with Spinach, Mushrooms, & Tomatoes


A super simple pasta supper of farfalle, garlic, spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes. This is one of those wonderful recipes you can make in a snap and everyone loves! Top with tiny crumbs of feta.

I used my wonderful green olive paste to enliven the flavors of this simple dish...oh, and a dash of the white truffle oil my bro-in-law brought me from his recent Italian truffling tour.

I was tempted to do rice instead of the pasta and I'm so glad I didn't.

Farfalle with Spinach, Mushrooms, & Tomatoes

6-8 oz farfalle
1 tbsp olive oil
2 -3 cloves garlic
10 oz baby spinach
6 mushrooms, peeled and sliced thin
1 tbsp green olive paste
1 chopped tomato
handful of pine nutes
dash of white truffle oil
Salt & Pepper
Crumbled feta


Cook the farfalle as directed.

Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the garlic for 1 minute (don't let it brown). Add the spinach and mushrooms and cook 1 minute. Add the green olive paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomato and pine nuts and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the dash of white truffle oil, salt & pepper as desired. Top with crumbled feta and serve.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Farfalle are one of my absolute favourite pasta shapes. I must try this one!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

I do a version of this with Asian seasonings -- soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil. Farfalle seems to go with anything!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Ivonne - gotta luv those butterflies!
'
Lydia - I can imagine Asian flavors sans tomato and feta would go well with these. Certainly with the spinach!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I bet that green olive paste is delish! I just tried green olive tapendade for the first time and I'm hooked!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that is such a lovely dish. I wish I had it in front of me right now!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Vanessa - I'm going through a bit of an olive phase. The green olive paste is much milder and mellower that a tapenade

Welcome Traci and thanks!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home