Google+

Monday, September 04, 2006

Polenta Stuffed Red Peppers



Another tasty and novel recipe from Moosewood's Simple Suppers: Red Peppers Stuffed with Polenta.

The original recipe uses Mexican flavors, but as I had an Italian garden vegetable polenta mix, I decided to make it Italian. Next time I'll use plain polenta and fresh vegetables (as called for in the original recipe) as some of the dried "garden vegetables" remained dry through extensive cooking and their vegetable flavor wasn't really up to snuff.

That said, I think this is a tasty and attractive way to serve polenta.

Slice the peppers from stem to tip and remove the seeds and brush with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes at 450.

Make the polenta and add your own fresh vegetables (parboiled if need be), and 3/4 cup grated cheese. Add the polenta to the peppers, top with cheese, and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.

I served these with a salad of red beans, chopped tomatoes, torn basil, and a little fresh mozzarella with oil and balsamic vinegar. This is my new favorite way to eat red beans.

p.s. my Internet issues continue and are impacting the quality of my photos :-(

6 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

They look lovely Catherine! I cook so rarely with polenta, but should try to use it more often! This could be a recipe for me to try!

:)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

What a great way to use polenta. I'll be trying this soon.
Thanks Catherine. And I hope your Internet issues get resolved soon.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine! These look fabulous - I've been trying to dream up something to have with polenta, and this certainly seems to fit the bill! Thanks!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really loved this recipe, I'd say try it again with the mexican flavors.

Even my polenta hating husband didnt mind it!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that photo looks great. I love polenta and have bell peppers begging to find a new home! Really like this idea!!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine, this is an interesting recipe and sounds delicious! Thank you for the recipe, I'll give it a try soon :)

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home