Google+

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Portobello Pizza


I bought two perfect large portobello mushrooms from the farmers market and knew exactly what to make: Portobello Pizzas. The juicy portobellos play the crust for this scrumptious pizza, topped with pesto, pesto jack, a thick slice of organic Heirloom tomato, mozzarella, pine nuts and basil.

My photos were very disappointing - it was so hot today, we ate late, and the light was fading when it was time to photograph, so my sliced side views were all blurred. Despite the photo, the taste was top notch and this is my new favorite way to stuff portobellos.

I found this basic recipe at Whole Foods. What I like about this recipe is that the mushrooms are grilled, so there was no hot oven adding to the inside heat.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

Catherine, this is inspired ... dont know why I didnt think of it!! I'm definately going to try it though

:)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Alanna Kellogg said...

Are you cornering the Google market on pizza?! Another gorgeous looking one here ...

10:05 AM  
Blogger Dr. Melissa West said...

Great job! I love portabello too... it is a great veggie food. My hubby doesn't like it so much, so we don't have it that often.

I think you love pizza as much as I do.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Hi Catherine, I couldn't leave a comment about this yesterday but it still looks just as wonderful today! I love portobellos this way.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was out of control. An inversion of the normal order (mushrooms on pizza).

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home