Google+

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Green Thai Curry with Tofu


I wish I'd made more of this tangy Green Thai Curry with sweet potato leaves, green beans, broccoli, and Savoy cabbage with tofu because hubby and I scarfed down the lot and still wanted more!

I really love sweet potato leaves. I steamed them this time, along with the other veggies:



I love the way the leaves look as well as they way they taste - aren't they striking?

The leaves were deliciously complemented by the coconut and lemon grass curry sauce, which came (conveniently) from Trader Joe's:

This sauce, like the Indian T.J's simmer sauces, is very tasty. However, unlike the other sauces, this one is very high in fat (15 g per 1/4 cup - ouch!).

I served the curry over jasmine rice - scrummy!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to try one of these with the sweet potato leaves. I know where to get them, now I have two recipes.
yippee!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

tanna- cool! they're awesome. can't wait to hear what you think!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Hey Catherine - would you recommend the TJ green curry sauce? I've never used a jar before but I sure do love me some green curry!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! i'm adoring sweet potato leaves also. Love your green curry idea. I've just been doing a basic thai stir fry, fish sauce, soy sauce, and a bit of chili paste. As an aside, the fat in coconut milk (i'm assuming that is the source of the fat in the trader joe green curry sauce) is very high in saturated fat BUT actually is very nourishing for the body. it's highly antiinflamitory and actually protects arteries from many commonly associated diseases of high sat fat foods. :D

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home