Five Foods Everyone Should Try
Susan from Fatfree Vegan tagged me with this meme, started by Melissa at The Traveler's Lunchbox. More of a "joint project," than a meme, the idea is to "create a list of food bloggers' top picks for things you've eaten and think that everyone should eat at least once before they die."
I found it very difficult to limit myself to five foods, but it was fun to mentally review all my food memories, searching for those taste and texture epiphanies.
So here goes:
1. Red Lentil Rice Patties with Cilantro Sauce : This incredible recipe for lentil rice patties made from red Bhutanese rice and red lentils with fragrant cumin, topped with a deliciously green cilantro sauce made with coconut milk and jalapenos from The Healthy Hedonist by Myra Kornfeld was definitely a food epiphany for me.
2. Humboldt Fog Cheese with its twisting river of vegetable ash, Humboldt Fog is an incredible combination of tangy, crumbly, fresh goat cheese, and ousy ripeness together in one phenomenally smooth goat cheese. Made in Arcata in Humboldt County, a product of its unique foggy coastal California environment, Cypress Grove Chevre uses only goats milk that comes from a handful of small, local, pasture-based farms.
3. Squash Blossoms: add beauty to your life by enjoying these succulent flowers. A unique food experience, enjoy them fried, stuffed with cheese, or on pizza.
4. An English cream tea complete with scones with butter, jam, and cream, and cucumber sandwiches with butter, vinegar, salt and pepper. I wish I was enjoying one right now!
5. Gooseberry fool - a lovely English summer dessert made from tart gooseberries and heavy cream.
While there's no pressure if you don't want to participate, I'm tagging these folks 'cos I'd love to know their five choices:
And anyone else who wants to add their say to the joint project!