Google+

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Apricot Bars


These juicy and oaty apricot bars make a fabulous breakfast or the perfect healthy snack for picnic, beach, or home! I found the recipe on Cooks.com, but added dried apricots that I had tenderized by boiling in water for 5 minutes and then chopped to the apricot jam filling.

I love apricots and I've seen some gorgeous apricot recipes on food blogs in the last month. I have to admit, apricot recipes have had a particularly tantalizing effect on me this summer, mostly because our tree has produced no apricots this year. Yep, zero!

While I've grabbed a few mediocre apricots at the farmers markets, I have to admit, its not been a good apricot year here. Happily, this delicious recipe hits the spot using jam and dried apricots (optional).

Here's a few of those gorgeous apricot goodies that have been inspiring me:

  • Apricot Muffins from Spittonextra

  • Apricot Cakes from La Tartine Gourmande

  • Fresh Apricot Tart from Cream Puffs In Venice
  • 4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    These apricot bars are just gorgeous ... that filling incredible!

    12:52 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    mmm, apricots!;-) What a healthy snack!

    8:20 PM  
    Blogger Cyndi said...

    They remind me of cotlets (backpacking treats) but are probably a hundred times better!

    8:59 PM  
    Blogger Hungry Hedonist said...

    Yum--I should try to make these since I have 8:40 classes and very little sleep!

    1:27 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home