Google+

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Red Pepper & Feta Pizza with Pine Nuts



Simple and delicious! Perfect for a summer dinner, this colorful Red Pepper & Feta Pizza packed plenty of smoky taste. I used Trader's Joe's plain pizza dough and Barilla Black & Green Puttanesca as the base. Sprinkled grated mozzarella, and topped with alternating strips of fresh thinly cut red pepper and mushrooms. I topped these with crumbled feta and pine nuts. Baked at 450 for 10 minutes and then topped with chopped basil from the garden.

Abondanza!

5 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

That pizza looks amazing.. I can taste it... I miss feta so much.. one of my fav pizzas before was artichoke hearts, spinach, roasted red peppers, lots of garlic and feta... with red sauce and topped with fresh basil and oregano.

Your pizza looks so much like my fav.

4:16 PM  
Blogger GS said...

Thanks for your tips at Food blog S'cool. I'm enjoying reading your recipes.

I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your recipe index on the sidebar.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

You do such a great job--this looks fantastic. Will have to get on over to TJ's & try some of the pizza dough. Had seen it but not tried it. Like your combination of toppings.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Amy Sherman said...

I too am a fan of TJ's pizza dough!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Melody,

I've heard of vegan feta's - are they no good?

Another Outspoken Female - I swipped the code for my recipe index from Cooking with Amy by using the "View Source" function undermost internet View menus.
Fran - cheers! - just check the sell-by date on the dough and cehcek for freshness!

Amy - me, too, my problem is I tend to pile on the toppings which can cause a weight issue with fesh dough!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home