Google+

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Tofu Fajitas


We really enjoyed this recipe for Tofu Fajitas from Whole Foods Market Vegetarian Recipes. I use homemade flour tortillas from Trader Joes and my own recipe for salsa. I added some guacamole (just mashed avocado with a little lime juice and salt) and light sour cream. I ended up using the juice of 3 limes.

The tofu and veggies are marinated in lime juice with a lot of ground cumin. I balked at the amount of ground cumin, but it does give the tofu and veggies that dried-rub feel. I added a few shakes of cayenne to the marinade, which was still perhaps too mild. I also felt the recipe needed more salt.

Add some grated cheese if you want and serve with chips and salsa and jicama with lemon juice and salt.

2 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

Looks good. Those tortillas look amazing.. very homemade..

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Catherine. I really enjoy tofo and just forget to use it. This looks excellent.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home