Saturday, June 10, 2006

Tofu Fajitas

We really enjoyed this recipe for Tofu Fajitas from Whole Foods Market Vegetarian Recipes. I use homemade flour tortillas from Trader Joes and my own recipe for salsa. I added some guacamole (just mashed avocado with a little lime juice and salt) and light sour cream. I ended up using the juice of 3 limes.

The tofu and veggies are marinated in lime juice with a lot of ground cumin. I balked at the amount of ground cumin, but it does give the tofu and veggies that dried-rub feel. I added a few shakes of cayenne to the marinade, which was still perhaps too mild. I also felt the recipe needed more salt.

Add some grated cheese if you want and serve with chips and salsa and jicama with lemon juice and salt.


Blogger Melody said...

Looks good. Those tortillas look amazing.. very homemade..

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Tanna said...

Thanks for the link Catherine. I really enjoy tofo and just forget to use it. This looks excellent.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home