Google+

Monday, May 29, 2006

Tofu and Vegetable Brochettes


Inspired by a meal at Green's Restaurant (long ago), these brochettes are a fun way to enjoy a variety of grilled veggie tastes and textures. Meant to be cooked on the grill, I grilled everything in a grill pan, then assembled the brochettes and finished them up under the broiler. They were tasty, but we missed that smoky charcoal taste. Next time, we'll spark up the BBQ!

For the tofu, I used the teriyaki marinade from Teriyaki Tofu Triangle Stir Fry, cubed the tofu, and then grilled it. I grilled and marinated it for much longer this time and it was even better!

I parboiled the little potatoes for 15 minutes and the pearl onions for 5 minutes. I cut green peppers, zucchini, and eggplant into thick slices and used some splendido tomatoes and firm white mushrooms. All the veggies were marinated in a simple marinade of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and minced garlic and grilled in a grill pan.

The brochettes were served over basmati and wild rice. Madison's recipe, which is more involved, can be found in The Greens Cook Book.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashwini said...

Hi Catherine. Thanks for inviting me to the lentil challenge event. I will surely have a post up by the 3rd of June. Cheers
PS - the brochettes look delish :-)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

these look delicious & i think they would be a big hit at a party!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Ashwini,

Excellent - I look foward to your lentil recipe!

Hi Vicki - Absolutely - they were fun!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home