Google+

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Teatime Spread



So right about this time each day, I make myself a nice cup of tea and have a little teatime treat like the sandwiches above made with Teatime Spread, a delicious combination of cream cheese, green olives, and pimentos.

Yeah, right!

I wish!

I'm much more likely to be grabbing a quick lunch like this:



Teatime spread and my favorite new snack, Trader Joe's Savory Thin Mini Crackers that come in a bag like this for $1.69:


WARNING: These crackers are addictive. Try them at your own risk.

These little rice crackers don't look that interesting, but everyone I've met likes them. I was introduced to them by a fellow mom (she likes them with Spanish Manchego cheese) and yesterday we both took a full bag each on our Zoo field trip (with 20 kindergarteners and parents) and all the parents and kids loved them.

I have to admit, I like them with butter. They're good plain too.

I discovered Teatime Spread at a local independent grocery, where they made it a couple of times and then cut off my supply. Happily, they told me how to make it and it couldn't be easier. In fact, it was the first recipe in which I used green olives stuffed with pimentos.

Yummy on toasted bagels or add zip to your favorite sandwich. And it really is perfect for making quick teatime sandwiches!

Teatime Spread:
12 Green Spanish olives, stuffed with Pimentos
4 oz cream cheese

Place the olives in a mini food prep and process until olives are in little chunks. Add the cream cheese and process until well combined.

7 Comments:

Blogger Alanna Kellogg said...

I was so busy admiring the china you had me fooled! Thanks for the tip ...

4:03 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I do love a proper tea - I should make more of an effort! These were awfully good!

I just had a great idea - Farmgirl Scones with Spanish olives! As she uses cream cheese in her scone mix, I bet it'll be great!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the cucumber, it looks so sweet!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Wecome rachel! Thanks! I have two sets of tiny Japanese veggie cutters (small and smaller) that made these a snap!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This takes me back to my childhood. In the '50's you could get a product called olive spread (finely chopped green olives with pimentos) which was sold in a little glass jar that you could later use as a juice glass. My favorite lunch that my mother would make for me was a cream cheese and olive spread sandwich with Welches grape juice in one of the olive glasses. I suppose this was just the slippery slope to goat cheese, kalamata olives and wine! I wanted to try the childhood treat again, but didn't want the calories of cream cheese, so tofu, a little mayo, onion and pimento olives into the blender. Cream cheese would have been better (and so would a better brand of well-drained tofu), but it was still pretty tastey and satisfied my need for nostalgia.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I just stumbled upon your blog this week. I was reading some previous posts and found the recipe for this spread. I just happened to have the ingredients (except I had a jar of pimentos & a separate jar of green olives) so I whipped it up. This combination is excellent! So easy but fulfilled my need for an after work snack. Thank you!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Welcome tif and joe!

I'm so glad you enjoyed this! It really is awfully easy and tasty!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home