Google+

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Pizza with Tomatoes, Basil, and Green Olives


So, with this recipe, I've discovered my favorite pizza ever! In fact, I ate half of the entire pizza (I usually have 2 slices, well 3 perhaps) and would have eaten more if hubby hadn't interceded (he loved it too, BTW). I was in pizza heaven.

Incredibly, there was a long stretch of time when I really disliked pizza and never ate it. At that time, pizza always seemed like the same ho-hum thing. Now I make my own, with really fresh veggies and whatever combination appeals at the time, I'm really loving it.

So, what worked for that pasta dish earlier in the week, worked even better on a pizza. Again, its the olives that take this from ordinary to extraordinary. While I wouldn't eat these olives alone (small spanish olives with pimento), they really pep up this pizza! You gotta try it!

Pizza with Tomatoes, Basil, and Green Olives:

1-2 tomatoes, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
10 small green olives, chopped
olive oil
salt & pepper
1 premade pizza crust
Pizza Sauce (I used Contadina, which everyone raves about)
8 oz mozzarella cheese, grated


Preheat oven with pizza stone to 450. Combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, olives with the tiniest drop of olive oil and lightly season. Brush the edge of the pizza crust with a little olive oil. Cover the pizza crust with a very thin layer of pizza sauce, leaving a thin border around the edge. Cover the sauce with half of the grated cheese. Spread the tomato mixture out gently over the cheese and top with remaining cheese. Bake on a pizza stone for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks perfect. you are a thoughtful person for eating only half. i don't know if i would do it. :)

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home