Google+

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Lemon Zucchini Bread



One great thing about participating in the recipe meme is that it focuses your attention on the recipes you still want to try and also on those dog-eared, forgotten recipes scribbled with notes that you've already tested. I had printed out this Lemon Zucchini Bread Recipe from Allrecipes.com and noted "excellent!". I remember making this as a sneaky was of getting my kids to eat more vegetables. It really is exceptionally tasty, light, and moist! I used a meyer lemon fresh from our tree which makes this very lemony. 1 1/2 cups of grated zucchini is one large zucchini. I had also noted that it took 55 minutes to cook, not 45, which was true this time also. Try it heated for breakfast with a little butter.

And, as of yesterday evening, I'm the proud new owner of this cookbook:


This seasonal cookbook, by fellow food blogger Karina from Gluten-Free Goddess, features easy-to-prepare vegetarian recipes. The recipes include many fresh and unique recipes. I'm looking forward to trying Asparagus in White Bean Sauce. Brandon from Something in Season already tried the Curried Stuffed Eggs recipe from this book. Available at Amazon.com.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Hey, I just got that book from Amazon too. Great minds thinking alike and all that!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Kalyn, great minds is true. Which recipe are you going to make first?

8:23 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi BNA,

Excellent! I'm so glad you visited -your blog is very cool!

9:20 AM  
Blogger K Allrich said...

Whoa. Nifty. I love it. Thanks for the shout out! You're a goddess! [Actually, all of you above are!]

1:43 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

I went searching in general for a zucchini bread.... look whose post popped up in my search. I'm definietly going to make this one. :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Yeah! Thanks for reminding me about this one - its really yummy!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home