Google+

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Farmers Market Run


Look at all this wonderful produce from our tiny local Farmers' Market. Everything is organic, except the tomatoes (grown indoors without sprays).

This bounty includes:

  • a bunch of leeks

  • a bunch of green garlic

  • four onions

  • four oranges

  • eight lemons

  • four tomatoes

  • 1 lb English peas

  • 12 oz strawberries

  • 12 oz cleaned baby spinach

  • a bunch of baby turnips

  • a large bunch of carrots


  • Cost: Just under $20.00 (the tomatoes were the most expensive item at $3/lb) .

    Sure to be the best spent $20 this week!

    I felt so grateful for this, I just wanted to share.

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Farmgirl Susan said...

    What a fabulous photo--and haul. But the best part of this post?

    "I felt so grateful for this, I just wanted to share."

    Besides being lovely, it makes me a teensy bit less jealous. : )

    3:18 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've been writing about our farmers market here in Phoenix too. Not only am I finding some great stuff, I am meeting the most wonderful people.

    4:46 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Catherine,

    That's a beautiful sight!

    7:19 PM  
    Blogger Catherine said...

    Hi Farmgirl - I'm jealous of you finding green garlic all over the place - I could spend a lifetime chopping that stuff!

    Dave - it is really cool to get out there and talk to people about the food they're selling. Sure beats pushing a cart around aisles in a grocery store!

    Ivonne - I agree. You barely need to cook this food!

    8:39 PM  
    Blogger Isil Simsek said...

    Lucky you! They look so fresh!

    4:48 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home