Google+

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Meatless Ribs Meal


I've never had real BBQ ribs, but the Gardenburger Meatless BBQ Ribs have been a big hit with my old man. He swears they taste just like the real thing and says he could have them for dinner every night. I find them a little too sweet, but took a tip from my friend Vegan Knitter and finished and served them with grilled onions and mushrooms. Last time I added a little red wine which was really good. This time I tried a little balsamic vinegar, which wasn't as good. Still a little too sweet for me, nevertheless this was a hearty meal with mashed potatoes and some organic broccolini ( a sweet cross between broccoli and chinese kale). I had a nice cold glass of Blackthorn Dry Cider to wash it down, a light import from Somerset I found at Trader Joes. The ribs pack 17g of protein for a mere 5g of fat and have a good meaty texture. No leftovers! I originally found the ribs at Trader Joes for a very good price, but they seem to have disappeared.

Many thanks to Sam from Becks & Posh for the warm welcome. A fellow Bay Area Brit, Sam's blog is dedicated to her culinary journies in the Bay Area and includes restaurant reviews, her adventures at cooking school, and great food writing and photography. Definitely check it out.

In the hopes of improving my food photos, I've order the book Digital Food Photography by Lou Manna. Stayed tuned!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful dish!

I read about you on Sam's blog ... I shall visit often!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Saw your blog on Sam's latest post. Welcome to the food blog community. I'll check back often.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You've reminded me how much I love those Gardenburger ribs. It has been forever since I've had them. I might just have to make a run to the store!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home