Google+

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Asparagus Linguini


I was running late for dinner and decided to throw my recipes to the wind and wing it. I got some great asparagus today and decided to make asparagus with linguini. First I gently cooked shallots in 1 tblsp. Kerrygold Pure Irish butter (I'm an addict) . I parboiled the cut asparagus for 3 minutes in salted water then added to the shallots with 1/3 cup of organic half-and-half. Seasoned, then added 1/4 cup of grated reggiano parmesan, followed by the cooked linguini. I ran out and picked a lemon from our tree (which is producing great lemons like never before) and added about 1 tsp. lemon juice. Cooked together for 1-2 minutes on lowest heat. Served with remaining parmesan, ground pepper, and a bottle of buttery Red Bicyclette Chardonnay from France. It was heavenly and so easy! The lemon juice made this dish for me.

" I stick to asparagus which still seems to inspire gentle thought." - Charles Lamb

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Sherman said...

I love asparagus with pasta, on top of pizza and with risotto. It really "plays well with others".

10:43 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Amy,

Yes, it does. You remind me of a wonderful pizza I made with asparagus and goat cheese and chopped tomatoes - I must try that one again!

I had previously had a hard time coming up with an asparagus-based main dish (I always served it on the side), but this one really worked for me. I'd be interested to hear about main dish asparagus recipes that have worked for others.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home